Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Midnight Fiasco

It was midnight when my sister in law called up frantically saying her husband was very sick.
My husband and I rushed immediately to her house a stones throw away. Entering the room, we found Venu's brother-in-law rolling all over the bed with a bout of shivering, high fever and stomach ache.
It was a Heculean task to calm him.
He was like someone possessed, sitting up and suddenly lying down on the bed. I was afraid that with the force he was throwing himself on the bed, his head may hit the head rest. I gathered all the pillows and  covered the head rest, but all at once he moved position and was at the foot of the bed. Immediately I gathered the pillows and arranged them at the foot of the bed.
An ambulance was called and he was rushed to the hospital.
Various tests were taken and by morning 9 0' clock, Saturday, he was discharged.
He had  urinary problem and given some medicines.
After returning home, he said that he did not remember the midnight drama which had driven everyone up the wall.




For write tribe http://writetribe.com/100-words-saturday-10-2/

No comments: