Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The helpful auto driver

In January 2023, I was in guruvayoor. I had planned to visit a few relatives and stay with them for two days. I have a very friendly auto driver, rajesh, who is at my beck and call. Takes me to Shree Krishna temple whenever I call him. Had taken me to Kuttipuram , an hr away ride from Guruvayoor to catch the Kannur express. On the way there were stunning scenic views, Rajesh went on explaining the places. Truly some spots make one believe that Kerala is God's own country. One day told Rajesh, I wanted to go to Pollachi. I checked and found a bus leaving at 7 am. I called up rajesh at 6am asking whether he can drop me at the bus stop. What he said truly overwhelmed me. He said, Chechi I am at the bus stop looking for Pollachi buses. He asked me if I was ready. I told him yes. You come down Chechi fast. There is a bus leaving at 6am. Since bus stop was close by, Rajesh came within minutes and told me to get into auto fast as a bus was leaving. The time was 6am. He was speeding and I told him not to hurry as my trip was not urgent and I can go anyday. Rajesh said Chechi since you are dressed you should go today. He entered the bus stop. waylaid a bus that was leaving. He got down to enquire and ran towards me saying Checchi get in, this bus is leaving for Pollachi. He got me a comfortable seat, put my bag inside and after making sure I was comfortble, he left. Will be happy to avail of his services on this visit also. If ever he is not free, he sends his friend. Had dropped me at my friend's house in Trissur. From Trissur,I was to board my Bangalore mail after 3 days. From Guruvayoor to Trissur, there are stunning churches. Rajesh used to stop the auto and help me take some beautiful snaps.

No comments: